Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thoughts: move em' to paper


I am a note taker.
If it's interesting, I'll want to remember it.
If it sounds good, I'll write it down word-for-word.
When my mind gets going, note taking helps me stay engaged in the moment.

I would recommend taking notes to anyone with an creatively active mind.  Carry a small notepad in your bag for random thoughts, ideas, reflections, etc and use presentation-sized post it paper (or white boards) for larger conceptualizing.  

Don't worry about how the thoughts will look on paper. Unless you're a writer, thoughts aren't meant to translate to paper exactly how you want them to. 
It's scary, its vulnerable, but it's a very important step. 
Love the imperfection. Embrace the spontaneous amateur. 
 
When we move thoughts out, we make room for new ones to emerge.
Get the fluffy stuff out of our heads!


No comments:

Post a Comment