Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tending/Defining our Digital Self

Snap shot - My Linkedin
Snap shot - Groups on Linkedin

I've talked about Linkedin before and how much of a supporter I am.  I joined groups that represented my interests and view the discussions of 1 or 2 groups once a week. I have made a pact to keep linkedin as professional as possible. I will occasionally share presentations around that I find relevant, but I will not post updates on my wall or anything like that. I save that kind of stuff for facebook.

Manila Wafers' facebook page
I am a re-born facebook user. I joined on the early curve in 2004 and didn't like what was happening. My facebook page is limited to close friends and family only. Here I post stuff I run into on the web or recent projects I have finished. It's less professional than twitter but still somewhat censored. 

I am still working on defining exactly what my page will represent, although I think the process is meant to shape it self. I use twitter to follow updates on people and industry news. I share quick thoughts on things I hear on the radio/news or in person. I get more of a thrill re-tweeting and tweeting back to people.

I also have an about me page. It's very simple. 1 page and a brief description about me.






No comments:

Post a Comment