Monday, December 5, 2011

About AAU



After finding my passion in advertising, I wanted to invest in my self fully by attending an accredited art school. I was serious about my goals and wanted to live in a big city. California seemed like a viable option because I have a handful of family there & the fact that I'd be returning to the state where my roots are.

San Francisco's Academy of Art was where I ended up. With an 80% drop out rate, I realized that it was a competitive school, to say the least. I gathered a general idea of the students around me and observed a few things about what brought them there. Some came to school to find their passions, or 'try it out'. Others came to school to meet people & instructors in the field. And others came to school to make a portfolio & get out. I came to the university to get a degree. Furthermore, I wanted to graduate confident about my skills and career choice in advertising.


Moving to San Francisco was one of the best choices I could have made in terms of life experience, exposure, and opportunity. The advertising school operates like an advertising agency. Group work, sourcing your own art work, juggling multiple projects at a time, and presenting to clients.


No comments:

Post a Comment