Saturday, December 3, 2011

THE 3 P's

PRESENT
  • There is so much going on in our lives it is easy to loose yourself in thoughts. For me personally, that means thinking about grocery lists, dinner, planning the evening, etc. This is a recent thing, but I noticed that I often find myself thinking about the future more than I find myself being in the moment. I've started to find comfort in the moment and slow down future thoughts little by little.
  • Being present to me means listening. Listening can be about listening to a presentation, or listening to the audience. You can learn a lot of you are a good listener.
  • In life, being present is about finding harmony in the moment.


PRESENCE
  • Presence is important because it reflects how others perceive you. Are you dressed for the part? Do you stand out?
  • I think becoming in tune with one's presence is important for self awareness. It includes everything from how someone is dressed to how they communicate. Good posture, good volume, and eye contact are things that can improve your personal presence. We send & receive messages into the world all day long. Becoming aware of your presence and others can help you understand why it matters so much & certainly is not going to take away anything from you.

PRESENTING

  • Presenting defines: what is it that you are trying to say? and How will you say it?
  • There are different strategies (how to deliver) an effective presentation & will depend on your message (intention) and who the message is for (audience)
  • In medicine, presenting means not only present, but seen. (wikipedia)
  • Presenting is a purposeful role with a desired response.

No comments:

Post a Comment